Firework Charge don't want to change color !!!  [Solved]

Get help and support for using Cubik Studio.

Firework Charge don't want to change color !!!

Post by Her3sy » 02 Nov 2016, 08:29

Hello,

I have create a 3D model for Firework Charge with Cubik Pro, I use the fireworks_charge_overlay texture (but if I use fireworks_charge texture, it's the same), but when I change the color of my Firework Charge with dyes or a command, my item (when I use my model only) don't want to display me the color...
Please say me if you don't understand, I'm french and my english is really bad... -_-

Thanks,
Thomas ! :wacky:
x
Her3sy
Early Adopter

Re: Firework Charge don't want to change color !!!

Post by Zaliku » 02 Nov 2016, 13:08

It looks like you can't change the color of a modeled fire charge (same with the shield and banners).

Code: Select all

{
    "parent": "item/generated",
    "textures": {
        "layer0": "items/fireworks_charge",
        "layer1": "items/fireworks_charge_overlay"
    }
}
That's the default model for it.
There are only the textures (defined as "layer0" and "layer1") and they get changed. There isn't any override like the bow has for the different pulling states.

I hope that helped you :D
x
Zaliku
Early Adopter

Re: Firework Charge don't want to change color !!!  [Solved]

Post by Sphax » 02 Nov 2016, 18:13

Firework charges, like potions and eggs (for example) are using tint index to tint texture with a hard coded color (editable with Optifine config files).

In Cubik Studio, open Element settings and in "Faces" tab change the tint id to something like 0 or above (varying depending on the model)
x
Sphax
Admin

Post by Zaliku » 02 Nov 2016, 18:42

Oh, that's nice :O
x
Zaliku
Early Adopter

Post by Her3sy » 05 Nov 2016, 16:40

Sphax wrote: 02 Nov 2016, 18:13 Firework charges, like potions and eggs (for example) are using tint index to tint texture with a hard coded color (editable with Optifine config files).

In Cubik Studio, open Element settings and in "Faces" tab change the tint id to something like 0 or above (varying depending on the model)
Okay, and with this I need not use optifine or another mod ? :D
And I can have all the colors ?
x
Her3sy
Early Adopter

Post by Sphax » 05 Nov 2016, 17:33

Her3sy wrote: 05 Nov 2016, 16:40
Sphax wrote: 02 Nov 2016, 18:13 Firework charges, like potions and eggs (for example) are using tint index to tint texture with a hard coded color (editable with Optifine config files).

You don't need any Mod or Optifine, it's a native Minecraft feature.
You can only have the colors hardcoded to the item (except if you customize those with Optifine config file). For eggs for example you have 2 colors with tint index 0 and tint index 1
x
Sphax
Admin

Post by Her3sy » 06 Nov 2016, 08:44

Sphax wrote: 05 Nov 2016, 17:33
Her3sy wrote: 05 Nov 2016, 16:40

You don't need any Mod or Optifine, it's a native Minecraft feature.
You can only have the colors hardcoded to the item (except if you customize those with Optifine config file). For eggs for example you have 2 colors with tint index 0 and tint index 1
Oh, but i I keep the basic model and I just edit the rotation and the position of my fireforw, does-it work ?
x
Her3sy
Early Adopter

Return to “Help Centre”