[BUG] Cubik wrong MCPE exporting

Get help and support for using Cubik Studio.

[BUG] Cubik wrong MCPE exporting

Post by josevazqm » 01 Jul 2017, 22:40

Cubik MCPE exporter has three annoying bugs:

1.- Decimal UVs
Since decimal UVs aren't a thing, it messes up the texture render in the entity (caused maybe when having 0.5-sized elements in the model)
http://prntscr.com/fqj1a0
2.- Element label names
The checkbox option that adds element label names to the exported file makes MCPE reject the model file
Suggestion: instead of adding a member to the JSON, make that option add a '// element name thingy #24' comment with the element name
http://prntscr.com/fqj2m2
3.- Weird texture exporting
Those semitransparent grey pixels aren't supposed to be there, and happens when exporting the model to MCPE format
http://prntscr.com/fqj3mx

I am sure you guys will be able to fix it, and I would greatly appreciate it :)
x
josevazqm
Supporter

Re: [BUG] Cubik wrong MCPE exporting

Post by Sphax » 03 Jul 2017, 09:01

1) According to what I saw in the Mobs.json, decimals in UV are handled. But I've not tested. I will do some more tests to avoid decimals anyway for futures versions of MCPE exporter.

2) I tested myself and the "name" new member doesn't conflict with anything or cause any bug.

3) The grey zones are there to indicate the whole generated texture of an element. They are dead zones when Cubik generates the global texture. I can remove them but I don't think it's necessary.
x
Sphax
Admin

Post by Sphax » 03 Jul 2017, 11:31

After many tests, it looks like Cubik don't have any bug on exported MCPE format.

However, Minecraft PE is acting weirdly with decimals in element sizes and/or UV. The bug has been reported to Mojang and Microsoft Studios.

The only workaround currently is to export models with elements not smaller than 1/16 or scale your model up (so no element is smaller than 1/16) and then scale it down with behaviours.
For example if you create a model in 32x, scale your model 2x, then in behaviour scale it 0.5x.
x
Sphax
Admin

Post by josevazqm » 03 Jul 2017, 23:33

Question: what if my model is bigger than the bounding box limit?
Since my model is a bit big, I need to downscale the full model so it fits inside... How can I workaround this?
x
josevazqm
Supporter

Post by josevazqm » 04 Jul 2017, 00:30

It would be cool to be able to resize the bounding box, is that possible?
x
josevazqm
Supporter

Post by Sphax » 05 Jul 2017, 19:28

Bounding box (yellow bounds) doesn't matter for the MCPE export
x
Sphax
Admin

Return to “Help Centre”