Making a resource-pack for MC 1.8.9, Custom display settings only work in later versions  [Solved]

Get help and support for using Cubik Studio.

Making a resource-pack for MC 1.8.9, Custom display settings only work in later versions

Post by KingExcalibur » 30 Dec 2016, 23:52

Basically the title says everything. I'm trying to make 3d models for a 1.8.9 texture pack, but when I export it with custom display settings, it doesn't do anything in 1.8.9 but works properly in 1.9 and 1.10.2. Is there a way to change this? If you need additional information let me know.
x
KingExcalibur
Supporter

Re: Making a resource-pack for MC 1.8.9, Custom display settings only work in later versions  [Solved]

Post by HanFox » 31 Dec 2016, 12:17

Cubik Studio does not support MC1.8.

Sphax has said that maybe the old Cubik Pro will be added to the download, but it will only work with Windows.

You'll need to either edit the display settings manually, use another program just for the displays, or maybe a kindly soul who has Pro still can convert it for you.
x
Create your own thread for purchase/activation/key issues.

Please don't Private Message admins without prior permission. Your message may be missed.

Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
HanFox
Web Admin

Re: Making a resource-pack for MC 1.8.9, Custom display settings only work in later versions

Post by TheMajorMushroom » 07 Jan 2017, 10:24

Make the model as normal but uncheck the boxes for export of firstperson_lefthand and thirdperson_lefthand views. Then go into a text editor, view your model and rename firstperson_righthand and thirdperson_righthand to firstperson and thirdperson respectively in the display portion of the model.
x
Currently working for the #PokeCA project with @phnixhamsta :D
TheMajorMushroom
Early Adopter

Return to “Help Centre”