Help with Armor  [Solved]

Get help and support for using Cubik Studio.

Help with Armor

Post by SigmaWarlord17 » 29 Jan 2019, 04:24

Haha.... I just triggered a staff member...

Anyhoo, I am fully aware that you cannot make armor within or through cubik alone- my hours of research have indicated as much. My research has also told me that the best way of going about making armor models is through opti-fine.

However, I am a bit lost and confused, and I am looking for direction. I also have some questions, and I can only hope that this community has the answers.

First, I know for a fact that servers such as Hypixel have custom modeled entities, and their players do not need opti-fine. Do you guys know what's up with that, or should I go ask them?

Second, if Opti is truly the only way of making custom stuff, are there any tutorials you could direct me to? I have been looking and everything I find is for re-textures, not re-models.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks,
~Sigma
x
SigmaWarlord17
Supporter

Re: Help with Armor

Post by HanFox » 29 Jan 2019, 07:33

Hypixel's server uses server-side plugins to do a lot of manipulation. What they do exactly to achieve the look of custom armours, etc. I'm not sure. You'd be best asking over on their forums if anyone knows.

I'm pretty sure OptiFine hasn't implemented model support for armour yet: https://github.com/sp614x/optifine/issu ... -289934884
x
Create your own thread for purchase/activation/key issues.

Please don't Private Message admins without prior permission. Your message may be missed.

Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
HanFox
Web Admin

Re: Help with Armor  [Solved]

Post by Sphax » 31 Jan 2019, 11:34

Making 3D models for armors in Minecraft is not possible. Optifine might be able to do that however but Hypixel is not using 3D models for armors.

However, you can do 3D models for items and blocks and you can put items or blocks on head via commands.
x
Sphax
Admin

Re: Help with Armor

Post by SigmaWarlord17 » 06 Feb 2019, 02:47

Thank you guys. Many thanks, much help.
x
SigmaWarlord17
Supporter

Return to “Help Centre”