Adding transparent voxels

Post ideas to make Cubik Studio even better.

Adding transparent voxels

Post by SpaceC0re » 18 Jul 2018, 05:55

Hey,

I am slowly warming up on this software but there's a huge downside : The lack of transparency option for voxels.

You can add transparent textures with "Elements" but it's quite complex if I may say. I pretty much never used Photoshop or GIMP or anything in my life and there could be other easier options.

So my suggestion is : Adding an option to make voxels more or less transparent (via slider or just text input). The option could be just above the colour palette : "Transparency : 0-100%".

Thanks.
x
SpaceC0re
Early Adopter

Re: Adding transparent voxels

Post by JTK222 » 18 Jul 2018, 09:47

Simply said, more then 90% of Voxel engines don't support transparent voxels because it would prevent way to much possibilities for optimization.
If you want to make Minecraft Models, then don't use voxels at all but elements, voxels models in MC are usually terribly optimized.
x
JTK222
Supporter

Post by SpaceC0re » 18 Jul 2018, 21:55

If you want to make Minecraft Models, then don't use voxels at all but elements, voxels models in MC are usually terribly optimized.
Either way, voxels are turned into elements upon trying to export your voxel model.
x
SpaceC0re
Early Adopter

Post by JTK222 » 19 Jul 2018, 20:03

And with turning Voxels into elements you usually also turn the terrible performance that Voxels bring with them into Minecraft Models.
As long as you do the models properly, convert them properly and maybe do some cleanup work afterwards it shouldn't be a problem though.

(Honestly, some people here are making voxel models that take more performance than high quality character models of AAA games.
And the best part about this, they don't even know that!)
x
JTK222
Supporter

Return to “Suggestions”