Post by OmicronGuy » 23 May 2018, 21:35

Made Cloud's Buster sword for a MC texture pack

:D
x
OmicronGuy
Supporter

Re: Cloud Buster Sword

Post by JTK222 » 24 May 2018, 16:17

While it's kind of good looking, it's a terrible model.
https://puu.sh/As9kn.png
This shouldn't look like this, in no case! (way to much vertices and triangles!)
That's a perfect example why the voxel function in Cubic is terrible, because people don't know how to use it properly.

Edit: At least the Wireframe should never look like this when the model is for MC.
x
JTK222
Supporter

Post by OmicronGuy » 24 May 2018, 21:30

JTK222 wrote: 24 May 2018, 16:17 While it's kind of good looking, it's a terrible model.
https://puu.sh/As9kn.png
This shouldn't look like this, in no case! (way to much vertices and triangles!)
That's a perfect example why the voxel function in Cubic is terrible, because people don't know how to use it properly.

Edit: At least the Wireframe should never look like this when the model is for MC.
Well then show us how its done because i cant findt anything about it only
x
OmicronGuy
Supporter

Post by zfb » 25 May 2018, 07:23

When you "convert to elements" chose "1+ elements per color (pallet)" or "1+ elements per surface (atlas) and it'll try to group the voxels together into fewer elements resulting in fewer vertices. I think I got that right, I only just download this today but that seems like it's the goal. you can model with elements too and be even more efficient but it's really hard to explain the mindset of building with fewest faces/verts without coming from a modeling background like blender and trying to lower model complexities without making them ugly xD
x
zfb
Supporter

Return to “Showcase”