To do so, your BDcraft account should have been migrated to Cubik Studio. However, in some cases, the migration did not happen.
READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP!
Here is the step by step guide to help you with migration:
- Go to the Download page
- If you have a Cubik Pro copy, click on "Login" button
- Enter your BDcraft account Username and password
> If that works jump to step 13
> If that doesn't work, or you somehow never had an account before, continue the guide
- Use the recover form
- Enter your BDcraft email in 1st field
- Enter your Cubik Pro Serial in 2nd field
> If you don't know what your Cubik Pro serial is, use the lost Cubik Pro email form
- Click "Recover" button and check your email
- When you receive the email, click on "Activate" link
> If already logged in, confirm your password and then jump to step 13
- Try to login as in step 3
> If login works jump to step 13
> If that doesn't work, create a new account
> If creating a new account is impossible because email is already used, use the lost password form and jump to step 13
> If you cannot remember your username use the username recovery form, then use the lost password form and then jump to step 13
- When account created, activate it with the email you received
- When account is activated, login
- Now activate your Serial
- Click on the "Download" button of your choice (Windows, MacOSX or Linux)
Be sure to unzip CubikUpdater in a folder which does not require Admin privileges.
Choose a folder like one on desktop and then launch CubikUpdater and follow instructions.