Wont install on mac  [Solved]

Get help and support for using Cubik Studio.

Wont install on mac

Post by Trullycool » 26 Sep 2020, 02:12

it says the application cubic updater cant be opened, I'm on a mac if that helps. can anyone tell me whats wrong?
x
Trullycool
Supporter

Re: Wont install on mac

Post by Trullycool » 26 Sep 2020, 02:28

the error message is
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/CubikUpdater.app with error -10810.
x
Trullycool
Supporter

Re: Wont install on mac  [Solved]

Post by HanFox » 27 Sep 2020, 13:00

I don't use Mac, but Sphax suggests unzipping the downloaded zip on your Desktop first, before moving it to your Applications folder.
x
Create your own thread for purchase/activation/key issues.

Please don't Private Message admins without prior permission. Your message may be missed.

Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
HanFox
Web Admin

Post by Trullycool » 28 Sep 2020, 14:48

will try!
x
Trullycool
Supporter

Post by azami7 » 06 Feb 2021, 20:08

I am having the same issue - unzipping on the desktop and moving to the applications folder is nonsensical, this literally will have no effect (and it didnt). Macs an run apps from anywhere, there is nothing special about the applications folder.

Is this app compiled 64-bit? The newer versions of MacOS require that and this is the error that can happen when an app is 32-bit.
x
azami7
Supporter

Post by azami7 » 06 Feb 2021, 20:16

I figured out the issue. The app is not distributed with the correct permissions set - it is not set to executable. To fix this, I had to go in to the .app folder using the terminal and manually fix the permissions on CubikUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/CubikUpdater to include execute permissions.
x
azami7
Supporter

Post by Aussi3U53r » 06 Sep 2021, 07:14

There are two problems you're going to run into. The second will be an inability to install the full app once it's running. To remediate this, I suggest moving the app to either /Applications or ~/Applications, then opening Terminal and running the following:

If in /Applications:
cd /Applications/CubikUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS

If in ~/Applications:
cd ~/Applications/CubikUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS

sudo chmod +x CubikUpdater
(enter sudo password)

Now app is fine to open, and you won't run into the /var/private install location issue.
x
Aussi3U53r
Supporter

Return to “Help Centre”