Split Workspace is a tiny portable tool to quickly launch an application several times and position the windows side-by-side, or in corners of a monitor.
It's designed for users who need to organize often their workspace with several folders or applications (up to 4 per screen).
For example: 1st window pointing to vanilla files, 2nd window pointing to PSD files, 3rd window pointing to test files, 4th window pointing to PNG files in Repository; All displayed on screen corners of second monitor.
What can it do
The tool can be used with its easy to use interface or directly in command-line with arguments.
The interface allows you to easily select all the parameters and export the whole as a batch file or a Windows shortcut.
Then, when executing the program with batch or shortcut), the selected application will open several times and be automatically positioned and resized on the screen you selected.
List of arguments
- -m: Monitor ID (default=0)
- -b: Window border/padding size (default=6)
- -app: Application to launch several times (default=explorer.exe)
- -delay: Time before moving and resizing opened application (default=1500ms)
- -p1: 1st path to use with the application to launch, will be opened to top left corner (or left side)
- -p2: 2nd path to use with the application to launch, will be opened to top right corner (or right side)
- -p3: 3rd path to use with the application to launch, will be opened to bottom left corner
- -p4: 4th path to use with the application to launch, will be opened to bottom right corner
Split Workspace supports multi-monitors and is a lightweight portable program (2.5MB).
Where to download
It's already available for download on the "Download" page for Cubik owners