Optifine .jpm export inconsistent ?

Get help and support for using Cubik Studio.

Optifine .jpm export inconsistent ?

Post by Cloakevan » 18 Sep 2018, 00:38

I'm currently starting off to play around with entities, and have made edits to the cow, sheep and chicken with success.
Now, I'm back working on the chicken - as I have not exported the wings and legs as .jpm yet.

But all of a sudden I am not able to export as an Optifine jpm anymore? It let's me make the export from the menu, but the actual resulting file is never created.. It's weird how it does say "Exporting..." in the bottom left of Cubik, but nothing seems to happen.
I have checked to make sure I am using the same folders, I have made a seperate cubik file as a copy - same outcome. I have changed the export names, removed traces of older attempts etc. And of course restarted Cubik. The only thing left that I can think of is restarting my computer, I guess?

Using the Optifine export was pretty easy to manage and understand (.. well, after I had to delve into some documents and a lot of tries), but it's confusing that it suddenly does not do anything. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something.

I have messed around with the texture - so they all use the same texture file, not copies of the same one. But that can't be the cause, right? This is a seperate file, with it's own texture.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me with some information, this topis seems to be a bit barren on the internet.
x
  • dev, artist, forgetful explorer of the unknown.
  • working on a MC resource pack on the side.
  • twitter
Cloakevan
Supporter

Re: Optifine .jpm export inconsistent ?

Post by AirPvPz » 27 Jul 2019, 14:40

I found out that I cannot save cubik files on the HDD (HardDrive) when I have Cubik Studio installed on the SSD (Solid State Drive). So thats maybe the reason that you cannot export the optifine jpm anymore.
x
AirPvPz
Early Adopter

Re: Optifine .jpm export inconsistent ?

Post by brandons73 » 16 Aug 2019, 02:06

I'm having the same problem, and cubik is on the same hard drive that I'm trying to export my model to. My first attempt also exported just fine, but no longer creates the exported files.
x
brandons73
Supporter

Return to “Help Centre”