A couple of questions

Get help and support for using Cubik Studio.

A couple of questions

Post by zhaoyingtong » 05 Nov 2016, 15:49

1. How do I resize and rotate OBJ meshes?

2. How do I rotate voxels?

3. Is there a way to automatically assign unique textures/UV to elements faces, so that we can paint on them without it appearing on multiple faces? I get that we can convert them back to voxels, but the element locations and rotations will be gone, then.

4. (Somewhat unrelated) Is there a way to convert Valve MDL and VTF files into a textured obj so that it's not all white in Cubik Studio?
x
zhaoyingtong
Early Adopter

Re: A couple of questions

Post by Sphax » 05 Nov 2016, 19:14

> Import one, then resize it with right click or Shift + left click on a handle
    > You can't rotate voxels (yet) - except with Flip functions available in "..." button in "Voxel" edit-mode
  3. Is there a way to automatically assign unique textures/UV to elements faces, so that we can paint on them without it appearing on multiple faces? I get that we can convert them back to voxels, but the element locations and rotations will be gone, then.
    > In Material manager, select one of the function "Create atlas...". One create an atlas by keeping colors and the other do not keep colors but put all UVs with correct proportions
  4. (Somewhat unrelated) Is there a way to convert Valve MDL and VTF files into a textured obj so that it's not all white in Cubik Studio?
    > It all depends on your converter of MDL+VTF to OBJ+MTL+PNG
x
Sphax
Admin

Post by zhaoyingtong » 05 Nov 2016, 19:29

Sphax wrote: 05 Nov 2016, 19:14
    > Import one, then resize it with right click or Shift + left click on a handle
    > You can't rotate voxels (yet) - except with Flip functions available in "..." button in "Voxel" edit-mode
    > In Material manager, select one of the function "Create atlas...". One create an atlas by keeping colors and the other do not keep colors but put all UVs with correct proportions
    > It all depends on your converter of MDL+VTF to OBJ+MTL+PNG
Thank you for the answers! :cubik:

Edit: It seems like I can't rotate or resize meshes with my mouse. I can resize the model with arrow keys, and rotate them in one direction, just not all three.
x
zhaoyingtong
Early Adopter

Post by zhaoyingtong » 05 Nov 2016, 19:49

Also some suggestions:

- Automatically turn off elements color in paint mode, or an option to turn it off in the main 3d view but not the side views
- Rotate 3D screen with alt+left click or alt+right click. Middle click feels weird for me and some Mac mouses don't even have that button. Also, alt+left click doesn't currently do anything i think
- Multi select with ctrl like in the original Cubik. Currently we can either select one or all with ctrl+a.
x
zhaoyingtong
Early Adopter

Post by Sphax » 05 Nov 2016, 21:37

Please read: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38
x
Sphax
Admin

Return to “Help Centre”